The Met Office has issued a rare amber weather warning for Wirral, but how will it affect the region and what does it mean ?.
The Met Office issues weather warnings, when severe weather has the potential to bring impacts to the UK.
These warnings are based on a combination of the level of impacts the weather may cause and the likelihood of those impacts occurring.
Yellow and Amber warnings represent a range of impact levels and likelihoods.
What is amber warning ?
There is an increased likelihood of impacts from severe weather, which could potentially disrupt your plans.
This means there is the possibility of travel delays, road and rail closures, power cuts and the potential risk to life and property.
You should think about changing your plans and taking action to protect yourself and your property.
You may want to consider the impact of the weather on your family and your community and whether there is anything you need to do ahead of the severe weather to minimise the impact.
Storm Ciara impacts ?
Storm Ciara is expect to bring a number of dangrous conditions on Sunday. These are:
- Flying debris could lead to Injuries or danger to life
- Some damage to buildings, such as tiles blown from roofs expected
- Longer journey times and cancellations, as road, rail, air and ferry services affected
- Some roads and bridges closed
- Power cuts with the potential to affect other services, such as mobile phone coverage
- Injuries and danger to life from large waves and beach material being thrown onto sea fronts, coastal roads and properties
The Met Office say: “Widespread very strong winds will affect much of England and Wales during Sunday.
“Gusts of 60-70 mph will occur widely in inland areas and 70-80 mph along southern and western coasts.
“Heavy rain will accompany the strong winds leading to very poor driving conditions.
“The winds will slowly ease from the north during the latter part of the afternoon and through the evening.”
On a mobile device ?. Scroll down to see the LIVE weather and tomorrows weather for Merseyside.
And like our facebook & twitter page to keep up to date with our latest posts