It’s a wet day for most of the country today.. so here’s 5 amazing facts about the wet stuff:
1. One of the wettest habitable places in the UK is Seathwaite in Cumbria – The annual average of rainfall is a soaking 3304mm.
2. Seawaite in cumbria also holds the record for most amount of rainfall in 24 hours – 316.4mm fell on 19th November 2009.
3. The most rain to fall in 1 hour was in Maidenhead, Berkshire on 12th July 1901 when 92mm fell.
4. 156 days of the year at least 1mm of rain falls somewhere in the UK.
5. The average amount of yearly rainfall for the UK is 1,154mm.
Here’s a video we filmed last year of a huge downpour that flooded shops on Wirral: